Für diejenigen, die einen Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ noch rumliegen haben.
We are preparing Ubuntu MATE 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) for the Raspberry Pi. With this Beta pre-release, you can see what we are trying out in preparation for our next (stable) version.
- Ubuntu kernel, fully maintained by the Ubuntu Kernel and Security teams.
- Automatic online filesystem expansion.
- Ethernet & WiFi (where available)
- Bluetooth (where available)
- Audio out via 3.5mm analog audio jack or HDMI
- Video out via Composite or HDMI
- GPIO access via GPIO Zero, pigpio and WiringPi.
- Support for Python Wheels for the Raspberry Pi.
- Support for USB Booting.
- Hardware acceleration:
* fbturbo driver is pre-installed but limited to 2D accelerated window moving/scrolling on Raspberry Pi (using the BCM2835 DMA Controller).
* VLC has hardware assisted video decoding.
* ffmpeg has hardware assisted video decoding and encoding.
* The experimental VC4 driver can be enabled via raspi-config.
* Please note, the arm64 images do not feature any VideoCore IV hardware acceleration.
- Additional software:
* A port of raspi-config for Ubuntu is pre-installed.
* Steam Link is available for install.
* Minecraft: Pi Edition is available for install.